Hi,
I’m trying to create a Jira automation that automatically transitions an issue to the “Done” status once all pull requests linked to the issue are merged.
Here’s my context:
- Jira Cloud
- Azure DevOps integration
- Multiple pull requests can be linked to a single Jira issue
- I only want the issue to transition when ALL related pull requests are merged (not just one)
What I’m looking for:
- The best trigger/condition setup for this automation
- How to validate that every linked PR is merged
- Whether this is possible natively with Jira Automation and the Azure DevOps app, or if a workaround is required
I tried using the “Pull request merged” trigger, but it transitions the issue as soon as the first PR is merged instead of waiting for all PRs.
I also tried adding the following condition: {{issue.development.pullRequests.open.size}}, however, it does not seem to work with the Azure DevOps integration.
Has anyone successfully implemented this?
Thanks!