Hi all,
I’m trying to use Confluence Automation with the “Use Rovo (BETA)” action to generate a summary from a specific section of a page and then insert that summary directly back into the page body at a known marker.
I want the page content itself updated.
What I’m trying to do
I have a CAB meeting minutes page with multiple sections. In particular:
- Section 3: “Release Updates & Production Activity”
- It contains:
- Jira ticket IDs like
BAS-5564, E25-677, etc. - Bulleted lists grouped under headings such as:
- “Sprint Release — <date>”
- “Overnight / Thursday Release — <date>”
- Tables with columns like Release Item | Owner | Status | ETA
I’ve added a marker in Section 3 where I want the generated summary to go:
<span><!--</span><span> CAB_SECTION_3_SUMMARY</span><span> (Do not remove - Automation writes release-ticket summary here)</span><span>--><br><br></span>
Goal
Using Confluence Automation + Rovo, I want to:
- Read only Section 3 of the page
- Extract:
- Ticket IDs
- Owner / Status / ETA (from tables)
- Generate a structured summary like:
### Sprint Release — <date>
- BAS-5564 — Owner: X — ETA: Y
### Overnight / Thursday Release — <date>
- E25-677 — Owner: X — ETA: Y
4. Insert that summary directly into the page body immediately after the marker, so it becomes part of the page content (not a comment)
----------
Current automation setup
- Trigger: Manual trigger from the page
- Action 1: Use Rovo (BETA)
- Context: current page content
- Output stored in:
{{rovoResponse}} - Prompt instructs Rovo to:
- Focus only on Section 3
- Extract ticket IDs and related info
- Return a formatted markdown summary
- Next step (intended): Update the page body by inserting
{{rovoResponse}} after the marker
Where I’m stuck
I can successfully get Rovo to generate the summary and store it in {{rovoResponse}}.
However, I cannot find a reliable way to:
- Insert that output into the page body
- Specifically at the marker location (
CAB_SECTION_3_SUMMARY) - Without using comments
I’ve tried:
- Using the Edit/Update page action with smart values
- Attempting string replacement patterns like:
{{page.body.replace(...)}}
But it doesn’t seem possible to dynamically modify and persist structured page content this way.
Question
Is it currently possible in Confluence Automation to:
- Take the output of a Use Rovo (BETA) action (
{{rovoResponse}}) - And write it directly into the page body at a specific location (e.g., after a marker comment)?
Or is Rovo in Automation limited to generating output (e.g., for comments) rather than performing in-place page content updates?