Hi everyone,
I am working on a Jira Service Management (Data Center) project and trying to implement dynamic field behavior on the customer portal (Help Center).
🔹 Requirement:
I have three fields:
- Service Type (Assets field)
- Service (Assets field)
- Sub-Service (Assets field)
I want to achieve the following behavior on the portal form:
- If Service = "Business Application and Operation" → Show Sub-Service
- For all other Service values → Hide Sub-Service
🔹 What I have tried:
- Configured ScriptRunner Behaviours
- Added Service Desk mapping
- Used
setHidden() and setRequired() in both:
- Initialiser
- Server-side script on Service field
The behavior works on the Jira create/edit screen, but on the portal, the Sub-Service field is still visible.
🔹 Current workaround:
I have implemented Assets AQL filtering, which works fine for filtering values, but it does not hide the field completely.
🔹 Question:
Is it possible to dynamically show/hide fields on the JSM portal using ScriptRunner Behaviours, especially for Assets fields?
If not, what is the recommended approach to achieve this requirement?
🔹 Environment:
- Jira Service Management (Data Center)
- ScriptRunner for Jira
- Assets (Insight) object fields
Any guidance or best practices would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance!