I'm looking for ways to improve the customer experience of the Request page in the portal, and since there isn't much that can be done natively, I've been looking at Marketplace apps. I haven't found many options, so I wanted to see what others do/if anyone has any suggestions.
The main one I see recommended is My Requests Extension for JSM, and seems nearly perfect except for the limit on work items with security levels. If there are more than 1000 work items with a security level assigned, it stops checking for security level, then it either shows everything or it only shows work items without a security level assigned.
We currently have a security level assigned to 98% of our Request Types, and I don't see that changing.
Goal: Give end-users a better experience than the native Requests page by:
- Providing global filters that can be limited by the user’s role/group/something.
- Allowing the user to save their own filters.
- Allowing the user to filter based on fields additional to the native page.
- Allowing the user to view columns additional to the native page.
- All while ensuring that everyone sees everything they need and nothing they don't.
Our current setup:
- We’re on JSM Cloud.
- All of JSM is internal, and everyone is always logged in.
- All end-users are in the same organization.
- I’ve thought about multiple organizations, but some users would need to be in more than one, and I don’t like the way JSM handles sharing within organizations if someone is in multiple.
- Currently, I use groups rather than organizations to accomplish what I want with Security Levels.
- All request types except one have a Security level.
- Currently, Security Levels mean that each end-user can see tickets they’ve raised, tickets that have been shared with them (along with all of one particular request type that does not have an Issue Security Level set).
- As most of our tickets have a Security Levels, we have several thousand tickets that most users cannot see (and the ones they do see depend on their role/group/whatever is in the Security Level).
- We want to keep it that way. We do not want all users to see all tickets.
Secondary question - How do y'all handle request visibility? Does anyone allow everyone to view everything? Any particularly compelling reasons to do that/not do that?