I have come across this URL - https://<site-name>.atlassian.ney/_edge/tenant_infoto get the cloud ID. The mentioned way in the API docs is through OAuth, and the above is not mentioned in the docs. Is this a valid URL, and can I use this to get the cloud ID in my projects??
Hi @Kumkum GeervaniWelcome to the Atlassian Community!
The / _edge / tenant_info endpoint is not part of Atlassian’s supported API, so it shouldn’t be relied on, even if it currently returns the cloudId.
The supported way to retrieve the cloudId is via the official OAuth endpoint:GET https://api.atlassian.com/oauth/token/accessible-resourcesFind the documentation here.https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/oauth/getting-started/making-calls-to-api/
I did come across a doc that says about the above mentioned URLhttps://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/forms/rest/intro/#using-basic-auth.We were thinking OAuth would add load to our work. So is there no better way to do this??
Hi @Kumkum Geervani adn @Gor Greyan
The /_edge / tenant_info endpoint is not part of Atlassian’s API, but it is the correct way to retrieve the Cloud ID of your own instance (if you are logged in)
As the other options described lead you to retrieving it from the URL, but that is the ORG ID and not the Cloud ID.
Hi @Marc -Devoteam-Thanks for the clarification.
Although the end-point you mention is not officially supported, it does work and currently this is most app developers use, AFAIK.
If I were you, I would use it. It is a single call anyway, so it should be easy to replace it in the future if a better option becomes available.
Hello @Kumkum Geervani ,
Good day! Welcome to Atlassian Community
The URL that you are using is a supported URL. You can refer to this document: https://support.atlassian.com/jira/kb/retrieve-my-atlassian-sites-cloud-id for detailed information on how to retrieve cloud tenant ID
Thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.