Full error: Destination status could not be resolved or does not have a valid transition rule (with current status): (Waiting for customer - 10002)
Hello all!
I've been getting this error on a couple automation rules. The link is that they are using the same workflow. I've included a screenshot of the rule w/ more details below.
This is scheduled to run every day @ 2AM, using a JQL query of "status = "Waiting for Customer" and updated < -5d" to see if there are any tickets to act on.

If there are any tickets that match that JQL, then they are transitioned to "Resolved".

A comment is then added to the ticket to inform the customer.

This is a very simple rule, yet 95% of the time it errors on the transition step. However, the ticket is transitioned to "Resolved" and the comment is applied.

I have reviewed the ticket history & comments to see how things played out, but it's always the same. The rule errors, but if it wasn't for the alert email that I get, I wouldn't know that it errors cuz everything appears to happen that should happen.
Also, the workflow does include a transition from previous statuses to "Resolved" in all cases. I've reviewed many tickets when this happens and from what I can tell, everything is correctly set up.
I've went as far as asking Co-Pilot. After a while of asking questions and adding more & more details, as the conversation transpired, it finally came back with the following: "This Jira Service Management automation error is confusing but actually very common, and it usually does not mean your rule is broken."
Using Co-Pilot was helpful, but most of the things it suggested during the convo were things I ended up ruling out and I feel like I'm not a whole lot closer to a firm answer.
Any thoughts, questions or suggestions would be welcome as I am at a loss to explain it, thx!