I’m unable to edit test case details using bulk operations.
https://rakutenmobile.atlassian.net/secure/views/bulkedit/
Request Method :- GET
Status Code :- 500 Internal Server Error
Hello @sumit patidar
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Can you detail the steps you are executing so that we can try to recreate your experience? What page are you starting on? What buttons are you clicking?
What app has been added to your Jira instance to provide you with Test case functionality?
Steps : Go to the ticket > subtask > click the three-dot icon > click the Edit option > the above error occurs.
Note :- Please check the attached screenshot for more detail.
Thank you for that additional information.
I am not having the same experience with my Jira environment. I do not get an error when I select the Bulk Edit action for subtasks.
Have you reported this problem to the administrators of your Jira environment?
Here in this user community we are users of our own Jira environments. We don't have access to your environment.
hi @sumit patidar
try from filters -> search work items -> change if needed to JQL and search:parent = SYM-6047 and search. then go to the three dots at the right corner and click on bulk change work items.
please let me know if that works
I would try @Ignacio Vera workaround first.
Atlassian’s documented bulk edit flow is to go through Search / View all work items (or Work item search), select the issues there, and then use Bulk change work items.
Since the error appears when you start from the parent issue’s Subtasks section and Jira returns a 500 on /secure/views/bulkedit/, I would first test the standard search-based bulk edit path. That should help confirm whether this is only a problem with that specific UI path or a broader bulk edit issue.
One more thing: if by test case details you mean fields like Summary or Description, those are not supported for native bulk edit in Jira.
Atlassian also has an older bug around this area, so if the standard bulk edit path fails too, you should raise it with Atlassian.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71470
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.