I created Project #1. It uses issue type "Domain" and has a SLA named "Renewal SLA". It starts at "New" and stops at "Closed" or "Renewal". In its automation rules I can read the SLA value using {{issue."Renewal SLA"}}.
Then I created Project #2. It shares the issue type "Domain". When I go add SLA, the interface prompted me to reuse "Renewal SLA", so I did. It starts at "To Be Confirmed" and stops at "Renewal" or "Closed".
But Project #2's automation rule fails to read SLA value using the same {{issue."Renewal SLA"}}. I can see the SLA displayed in the interface, but automation rule will get a blank value. If I export the issue to CSV, I can see the SLA field value.
I tested by creating a manually triggered automation rule to print {{issue."Renewal SLA"}}. It works on Project #1 but not Project #2.
I tested again by creating a brand new SLA for Project #2. This new SLA I can print the value in automation rule.
So what's happening here, are SLA fields not supposed to be shared across projects?