As more of our users get into Loom and start using it to create Meeting Note pages in Confluence I have found that we really need some way to "auto-convert" these Live Docs to Pages after a set period of inactivity. This would allow us to better preserve the meeting notes for archival purposes while preventing accidental edits to historical meeting notes.
I understand why meeting note pages should be Live Docs before, during, and shortly after the meeting but forever keeping them as Live Docs will lead to accidental edits when we should have a bit more control over these things.
From my research I have found that there is no public API endpoint that we can use for this, and of course there are no Confluence automation actions that can convert pages and Live Docs.
That being said, thanks to @Darryl Lee and his amazing session during the last Builder's Summit, I was able to determine that the "hidden/unofficial" endpoint for this is:
https://<your-domain>.atlassian.net/cgraphql?q=usePublishUpdatePageMutation
It seems like the payload for this is a GraphQL mutation named usePublishUpdatePageMutation with variables including:
contentId
contentType
content (the page body in Atlassian's doc format)
spaceKey, title, version, etc.
BUT..... It appears that the request is made with the user's browser session/cookies and CSRF tokens. Meaning you cannot call this endpoint with a standard API token or from automation rules...
However, I am relatively new to these things, and would love if anyone in the community here might be able to think of workarounds to this (or just tell me that I am wrong and you totally CAN use API tokens for this).