Looks like this feature can add a lot more ease while navigating through the ticket conversations. I saw a comment from 2023 asking for it , if I am not able to see it is it due to any restricted edit permissions?
Hello @Poorva Sharma
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Can you provide a link to where you saw the comment about this functionality?
This post ask about a dark feature to enable pinning comments, but the answer indicates that is applicable only to Jira Data Center.
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/How-to-enable-the-pin-comment-feature-in-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/3022769
According to the following unresolved change request, such a feature is not currently available natively in Jira Cloud.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74995
You can add your vote to that issue.
I found a third party app that says it provide such functionality. I've never used the app so have no basis to specifically recommend it.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1234011/pinned-comments?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
not natively,
Jira Service Management Cloud does not currently have a built-in option to pin a comment on a ticket.
The usual workaround is to move that information into the description or another prominent field, or use an app if you need that exact behavior.
So the short answer is: not available out of the box in JSM Cloud.
I know it's confusing, there's still many things which are different from Data Center and probably will be for a longer period of time. For example there have existed this function.
Thanks Trudy, keen to try out this new app plugin.
Thanks for all the time and also sharing your answer
Thanks friend!It is a good and useful feature to have though.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.