Previously I was able to add new values to the Category field in Business projects (both team-managed and company-managed) by going to the List view, typing the value into the field of an existing issue, and selecting the value from the drop down where it was shown with the suffix "(new category)". I described this process in an answer I posted in Nov. 2025.
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Jira-Business-Unable-to-edit-quot-Category-quot-field-options-as/qaq-p/3075062
Today I tried to do that again, and it no longer works.


I've tried in both a TM and a CM project.
I read in another post that one must be an Administrator for the project. I am on a Free subscription so I am the Org admin, App admin, have the Jira User role, and I have not customized the permissions or users for the project while using a trial of Standard. Here the Permission Scheme for the above project shows that Any Logged In User has Administer Projects permission.

I don't see anything in the weekly release notes blog on this topic.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2026/01/atlassian-cloud-changes-jan-19-to-jan-26-2026
Are other folks still able to add Category values in your Business projects?