Hey everybody,
So, I have a question which related to SharePoint being the primary (and probably only) KB source for help center, portal (and potentially VA). I do understand that Help Center KB and VA are different things and areas, but I've decided to put them all together here.
Anyway, let's say we have this 👇
User story
As a client, when I have knowledge in SharePoint, I want to use it as the primary knowledge source so that I can self‑serve that knowledge in the JSM Help Center and via Virtual Agent.
Context
The client’s main knowledge base currently lives in SharePoint. They would prefer to keep SharePoint as the only KB and not migrate content to Confluence.
Acceptance criteria
- Knowledge in SharePoint should be accessible in the Help Center (objects are searchable, suggested as solutions when raising tickets, etc.).
- Customers should be able to use the Virtual Agent to access this knowledge.
|
Now, what I've 'found':
- Obviously, JSM's built‑in knowledge base is tightly integrated only with Confluence (for article search, suggestions, indexing, etc.)
- I could add external resources (incl. SharePoint URLs)
- The option would also be to use Help Center topics
However, those solutions/links are not indexed like native KB articles.
There's also this feature request that partially covers what I'm looking for.
🤔 I was also thinking of using 'Confluence as a wrapper' - like use smart links to SharePoint content, or embedding SharePoint docs in Confluence pages, but I don't think these will be indexed as expected (still to test this part out).
❓ So, some questions here would be:
-
Has anyone successfully implemented a setup where SharePoint (*or any other source) remains the primary KB, but JSM customers can still effectively search and self‑serve via the Help Center and/or Virtual Agent?
-
Are you using any marketplace apps to:
-
Any best practices, pitfalls, or architectural patterns you’d recommend (e.g. partial sync to Confluence, middleware, custom search, etc.)?
-
If you tried to stay 100% on SharePoint and not use Confluence for KB at all, what worked and what didn’t?
Note that I'm also exploring/testing Customer Service Management to see what's possible and what's not there, primarily when it comes to AI-assistance. 💡
P.S. - We can either talk about Standard, Premium, or Enterprise plans. All paths are open.
Thanks,
Tobi