HI
We recently migrated to JSM and we want to use a feature that can send notification like Outage to all staff and I came across the "Organizations" in JSM after creating I can't find this under email templates Recipients (automation rule builder) or share with option in Portal. I followed this link: System settings - Jira Configuration - Jira
If this is not the method I really like to know is there a way I can send comms to all staff when needed?
Hi @Anujah Siva
Welcome to community!
In addition to the portal announcements, i use the site admin's 'send email' feature to notify all users on important email communication
Is that something that you are looking for?
Hello and Welcome @Anujah Siva
Organizations are mainly for grouping customers and sharing requests, not really for general broadcast communication.
So if a request is shared with an Organization, its members can see that request and get the initial Organization added notification. After that, members usually need to opt in if they want further updates on that request.
So my take would be:
good for sharing a specific ticket with a customer group
not ideal for general outage / announcement-style communication to everyone in that org
If the goal is broader communication, I would look more at customer notifications, automation, or an external distribution channel instead.
Additionally, as a possible solution to your comms, I'd like to point out that Notification Assistant allows to have ad-hoc emails as well as fully customizable notification schemes sent to a variety of different recipients like groups, project roles, custom fields, etc.
Feel free to reach out!
Thats great addition.
Thank you @Arkadiusz Wroblewski for clarifying
The email format supports html. I generally use AI to draft the rich text content and convert to html format for this send email option.
This option is only for site admins to send out comms. It is not for Agents.
I am not exactly sure of your communication scenario but if it is related to Incident communication, i would recommend to give https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-is-stakeholder-communications/ a read.
Thanks @Igor Medeiros - Modus Create for letting me know this option. I will discuss this internally and reach out.
@Anujah Siva
You´re welcome
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.