I’m a fan of Jira, but I hate the weekly manual reporting loop for clients and leadership: pulling the right issues, copy/pasting into a separate doc, formatting, and sending.
I built a way to generate a sprint report directly in Jira in a few clicks. It’s PDF-ready and gives two levels of detail: a quick overview (so stakeholders can skim) and a detailed list of issues grouped by status.
Now my stakeholders get something useful, and I’m not spending time manually creating updates every week.
For transparency, I built this for my own workflow and I’m actively iterating. I’d love input on what you think a stakeholder-ready sprint report should include. If it helps, I can share a sample output screenshot in the comments.
Questions:
If your sprint update could only include 3 things for stakeholders, what would they be?
Where does your update live today: slides, Confluence, email, or something else?
What’s the one part you still have to manually add every week (risks, decisions needed, dependencies, narrative, owners, etc.)?