Hi, I am experiencing some issues with the send email automation that we set up more than a year ago. It has worked flawlessly until 10:37 this morning. It worked 10:10 this morning. I am wondering if any changes took place in Jira during between these two times?Hope that someone can offer me an explanation * I tried to have it as only sending email to the "reporter" and not "all customer involved" and "assignee", that did not fix anything* I tried adding the automation email address to allowed emails in our Microsoft Security, but I guess that does not do anything as it has worked normally for years.Error:send email:Unable to send emails to any recipients. This may be for data privacy reasons, or because of the way these recipients have configured their email accounts.Best regards,Eythor
Hi @Eyþór Örn Víðisson
There is an active incident with Atlassian Assist now with JSM, but I wonder if that is also affecting the emails.
https://jira-service-management.status.atlassian.com/
Have you tried it with you being the assignee to see if it will even send an email to you?
If it will not, I suspect it is something with the outage.
Update from Atlassian Support: @Marc -Devoteam- @Rene Krogh @Tim Fostik @John Funk "Hey Eyþór, we indeed had an incident yesterday that was affecting the Send Email action in automation, with the same reason that you mentioned.This incident is in a migitated status now, the impact is registered from 1:47 PM UTC to 5:15 PM UTC.I checked internally and noticed this impacted a few sites only. Hence, the detailed were not published on our status page.It is likely that it started a bit earlier, but was reported to our developers when we started receiving complaints from our customers."
Does the actor of the automation rule still have access to the space this relates to?
Hi,The actor is "Automation for Jira"Automation for Jira was able to run automations not connected to the send emails automation, after the initial error messageHere is a test request I created afterwards and it shows that automation for jira does at least have access to run other automations like changing the organization and company
Hi,Yes I am the assignee on several requests that I and customers have commented on today.I have not received an email from "Automation for Jira" since 8:37 this morning in connection to this automation.I did however receive an email (as the customer) from "Automation for Jira" at 10:52 (15 minutes after we noticed the first error message) in regards to another automation for "Needs information" in our workflow
So, that's a good test. See if you can trigger a send email on another rule that you have that would send it to you, and see if you get it. And if you do, then immediately send a test on this rule again to see what happens.
Has the email been going to the author of the comment in the past with the .displayName syntax? I wouldn't think that would work.
I will take a look at triggering another send email automation and see if that works, thanks for the suggestion the .displayName works well, here is the subject name of an email from this morning before the automation stopped working
HI and
I think it's best to reach out to Atlassian Support
As there don;t seem to be any active incidents.
Please provide the feedback from Atlassian here, if there was/is an issue, as this could be useful information for others in the future.
I tried the automation again just now and it worked as intended. I will send a message to Atlassian Support to get information if it was connected to any outage and update the thread
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.