Hi
We are looking to implement software tracking in Jira SM to track all software accessed via SaaS or downloaded to a device, excluding Mobile Devices. I know we have to purchase the discovery tool to do this element.
Once the discovery tool is in, is it possible to
- Create simple overviews of the software contracts, which capture
Supplier, software type, description box, and a place to track the entitlements, contract expiry date
- A dashboard to capture software that has not been used for x days and can therefore be reclaimed.
- Software downloaded by device type
- Be able to identify downloaded software that is open source or licensed.
- Do we have to buy additional functionality for Software, or is it built the same as Assets?
This is something I had in ServiceNow, but I'm struggling to find any documentation on software asset management and how it works in Jira.