Hello,
I am trying to look into an issue why Site Admins for this project are not seeing the "Summary" field appear in the list of fields from the response for the API that gets the create field metadata for a project and issue type id.
We are using the REST API to file Bug and Feedback work item types and have had no issue with this. We are now using the API to try to file Task work item types. When members run the API, "Summary" is listed in the fields; however, when Site Admins run the API, "Summary" is not returned in the list of fields. This is ONLY happening for Task work item types and not Bug and Feedback work item types.
I have already confirmed that the Screen backing the Task includes the "Summary" field via the Jira admin settings. I have also tried to set up a test Jira instance to see if I can replicate the issue in a different project, but the issue is not reproducible there, which leaves me to believe there is a setting problem somewhere. To be clear, the site admin is able to file Task items through the web page just fine.
I am at a loss for why Site Admins are not seeing a built-in Jira field that is included on the Screen in the response from the Jira REST API. Does anyone have any other information?