Dear community,
I have a parent work item with 4 custom fields:
- Evaluation Date
- Evaluation Status - To Do, In Progress, Completed
- Decision Date
- Decision Status - To Do, In Progress Done
This parent has 2 child work items that include the same 4 fields.
- 1st Child Work Item - Project Evaluation
- 2nd Child Work Item - Project Decision
When I update the 2 Evaluation related fields in the 1st child work item, the values are copied into the parent.
When I update the 2 Decision related fields, the values are copied into the parent BUT removes the values of Evaluation related fields. I realized this happened because in the 2nd child work item, the Evaluation related fields are empty.
Here is my Automation Rule:
- Trigger: When value changes for: Evaluation Date, Evaluation Status, Decision Date, Decision Status
- Condition applied: Issue Type = Sub-task
- Change type: Any changes to the field value for all work item operations
- Branch - For Parent
- Action: Edit Work Items
I then updated the Change type to: Value added for all work item operations. The result remains the same.
I tried using "If..Else" and inside each condition moved the Branch (For Parent) and the Action. However, since I have 4 conditions, once the 1st condition is met, the Rule stops evaluating the remaining conditions.
What I want is for the 4 conditions to be evaluated so the updates to the field, where appropriate, can happen.
In the meantime, I split this 1 rule into 4 to ensure each field is evaluated independently. However, I thought I can just have one rule to get these field changes to work.
Thank you for your help!
Doods