Hello!
I want to access the attributes of a specific issue referenced by its key. For example, I want the ganttduration of key "ABC-1234." Is this possible? If so how?
Thank you in advance!
Yvette
Hello @Yvette Nash If you want to extract some data from a particular issue/work item, and show this data for another issue, it is only possible when:- the issues are related through the hierarchy somehow. Aggregate functions can be used then (the data can be extracted via referencing the issue in question as a parent/ancestor/child/grandchild of the other issue.- the issues are directly linked to each other in Jira, then you can use the issuelinks function for extracting the value in one issue for another issue. But please note - right now the list of accessible fields via the mentioned function is limited.I hope this helps. If you have more questions about Structure, please reach out to us directly at our support portal.Best regards,StepanTempo (the Structure app vendor)
Hi
Look at this post, maybe can help you
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/JIRA-Structure-formula/qaq-p/3109066
Regards
So the issue/work item is in the issuelinks array but it sounds like I would not have access to the field I want which is ganttduration. Correct?
Please note - the values that appear in the Gantt Duration column are local attributes of Structure, i.e. these values only exist locally on the Gantt chart of the structure, and in the column of the structure. For an issue to have this value, it should be present in the structure. Alternatively, you can define the Fixed Duration attribute to be taken from a Jira field, but the field will likely not be accessible via the issuelinks function due to the current limitations.But if both issues are present in the structure and they relate to each other through the hierarchy somehow, then he attribute can be shown via an aggregate function with the field/column reference.Best regards,Stepan
Yep, the issue/work item in question is in fact in the structure and is linked via soft hierarchy. It's the ancestor of all the work items in the structure in fact. I want to house its ganttduration to perform calculations in formula column for each individual descendant work item in the structure. Any help with how this would look in code would be greatly appreciated.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.