Hello Atlassian Community,
I’m trying to implement a validation in Jira Cloud and I would like to know if this is possible without using third-party apps.
Goal
When an issue transitions from one status to another:
Ideally, this validation should:
Constraints & Current Idea
Since I’m aware of the limitations of native Jira workflow validators in Cloud, my idea was to use Jira Automation instead:
Trigger:
Rule logic:
If the Rich Text Field contains links, mentions, or multimedia
Then automatically transition the issue back to status X
I have this Jira Expression that should work, but I do not know which Automation node will let me use it
<span>let cf = JSON.stringify(issue.customfield_10171); </span>
<span>cf && ( cf.match('"type":"media"') </span>
<span>|| cf.match('"type":"mention"') </span>
<span>|| cf.match('"type":"inlineCard"') </span>
<span>|| cf.match('"type":"link"') ) == null</span>
Question
Is there any way to achieve this kind of validation:
Any guidance, limitations to be aware of, or alternative approaches would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!