Hi there community ✌🏼,
I want an automation rule to fetch all linked issues and put them as a filtered and sorted list into a multi-line text field, when a new issue link is made or removed.
I used the trigger "When issue linked" (for "All Link Types") and then use an iterative smart value syntax to filter and sort just the issue types I want in the output list (see bellow ⬇️)
In principle this works, BUT I noticed that the trigger action only works if I set a new issue link with an outward link type like
- blocks
- duplicates
- links
- clones
- …
and NOT is working for
- is blocked by
- duplicated by
- linked by
- cloned by
- …
For refreshing the text field list when an issue link is removed, I use a separate automation rule with the trigger "When: Issue Link deleted" and the same action node bellow ⬇️
Note 1: I'm aware of this article "How to update the list of linked issues into a multiline text custom field.", but I want this rule only to work for the source issue and I have no need to also fill a text field on the destination issues. So assume I won't need a branch in my automation rule.
Note 2: Just in case, I already set the rule scope to all of the projects where the issue links are referring to
Master @Bill Sheboy, any ideas?
{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}
{{#if(key.startsWith("PA-"))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}}) {{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}
{{#if(key.startsWith("PA-"))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"YYY")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"YYY")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("IMAGE-"), equals(issuetype.name,"XXX")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("IMAGE-"), equals(issuetype.name,"XXX")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"Design")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"Design")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"Master")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"Master")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"Adaption")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"Adaption")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
……………… and 3 more issue types ………………