I’m experiencing a persistent issue with approvals in Jira Service Management and would appreciate any guidance.
I’ve carefully configured the entire setup — fields, workflows, request types, and automation — but there's one problem I can't resolve:
Issue
For several request types, customer approval is required.
When I, as an administrator/agent, create a ticket, I can see all eligible approvers from the group assigned to the approval step. Everything works normally on the agent side.
However, when customers create a ticket, the Approvers field only shows themselves. They cannot see any of the actual approvers from the designated group, which makes it impossible for them to select the correct approver.
I don’t understand why customers are shown only themselves, and not the full list of approvers, even though permissions and groups appear to be configured correctly.
What I need help with
Why can customers only select themselves in the Approvers field?
What configuration controls visibility of approver options for portal customers?
Is there a specific permission, project setting, or UI change in the latest JSM (Atlassian 2025 update) that affects customer approver selection?
Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.