Hello everyone,
I’m working with Jira Service Management (Cloud) and I’m trying to implement the following behavior using native automation:
Goal
Automatically delete issues 7 days after they transition to the “ARCHIVED” status.
Context
Project type: Jira Service Management
Automation scope: project (service project) automation
The ARCHIVED status is a final state, used for requests that should no longer be kept in the project.
I understand that:
the Delay / Wait action is not available in JSM automation,
scheduled rules + JQL can be used for transitions or updates,
however, I can’t find any automation action that allows deleting issues.
Question
Is there:
a native solution I may be missing?
a recommended approach from Atlassian (without using APIs or Marketplace apps)?
or is automatic issue deletion intentionally not supported in Jira Service Management?
If anyone has already handled a similar use case (archive + automatic cleanup/purge), I’d really appreciate your feedback or best practices.
Thanks in advance!