I'm having trouble with the first bit of this automation.
- Task/Story is created (working ✔️)
- Check in Epic to see which Team it has (not working ❌ )
- Copy the Team to the Issue that was just created
For some reason, when I try to check the Epic Parent Issue for its Team, it keeps checking the Task/Story that was just created.
Here is what I've tried as conditions so far and none of them have worked:
- {{issue.epic.Team}} equals (My Team's Name)
- {{issue.epic.Team}} equals (My Team's ID)
- {{issue.parent.Team}} equals (My Team's Name)
- {{issue.parent.Team}} equals (My Team's ID)
- {{issue.parent.customfield_XXXXX}} equals (My Team's Name)
- {{issue.parent.customfield_XXXXX}} equals (My Team's ID)
- {{issue.epic.customfield_XXXXX}} equals (My Team's Name)
- {{issue.epic.customfield_XXXXX}} equals (My Team's ID)
I have tried also with all lower case and all camel case. I've tried encasing the Team Name in " " quotes.
None of this has worked. When I check the audit it says that it's checking in the newly created Task/Story for the Team and not in the Parent Epic. And of course, there is no Team in the newly created Task/Story.
If anyone can help I'd be very very grateful! 🙏🙏🙏
-----
UPDATE:
Perhaps it's also relevant, that I was able to get this automation to work when it's a Sub-Task created and you have to check the Parent Task/Story. ALTHOUGH...in the Rule Audit is says it's not working. But when I create Sub-Tasks, the Sub-Tasks are properly given the right Team. Aaahh so strange!
But for some reason, when I'm trying to check a Parent Epic, it's not working. Audit says No and no Team is assigned to the Child Story/Task.