I have a check in the comment, that it can't be empty. But I want it to chek the public comment. Is there a possibility?
Hello @Bianca de Weerd
No, when you add a new field configuration the section for Comments is locked (system field) and it cannot be changed.
Hi @Bianca de Weerd
This is not possible, as there are no properties for this based on a Jira issues/work item/
Also not with a 3rd party solution, as seen in this community post around using JMWE (https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-Service-Management/JMWE-validator-in-JSM-to-prevent-external-comment-from-being/qaq-p/2437378 )
It migth be doable with script runner, see https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4jc/latest/features/workflow-extensions/example-conditions-and-validators
I don't want to change anything either. I want to check that the public comment field isn't empty. I can only check that the comment (internal or external) isn't empty.
When you say public comment, what do you mean? In JSM there is only internal or external one (replying to a customer).
This article covers the use case https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Need-to-Check-if-Comment-is-Empty-for-Issue/qaq-p/2409863
Directly, you cannot check if Comment field is empty, rather using ScriptRunner to check it.
Reply to customer I mean. (external)
I can check if the comment is empty, but it can be the internal or the external. And the strange thing is when I add a comment with an automation rule I can choose if it should ben an internal or external comment.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.