I am using Jira Lite (now cloud?) and would like to have all estimates from subtasks roll up to Stories and Epics, however I am having issues with the automation setup.
The steps I have are:
- Navigate to Automation Rules: Go to your project's Project settings > Automation or System > Automation rules in Jira settings.
- Create a New Rule: Click Create rule.
- Add a Trigger:
- Select the "Field value changed" trigger.
- Configure it to trigger when the "Original estimate" field changes.
- Ensure the trigger applies only to relevant issue types, typically Sub-task.
- Add a Condition (Optional but Recommended):
- Add a "Condition" component and select "Issue condition".
- Set the condition to
Issue Type is Sub-task to ensure the rule only runs for sub-tasks.
- Add a Branch:
- Add a "Branch rule / related issues" component.
- Select "Parent" as the related issue type (or "Epic" if the parent is an Epic). This action allows the rule to access and modify the parent story.
- Add an Action:
- Within the branch, add an "Edit issue" action.
- Select the "Original estimate" field.
- Use a Jira smart value to sum the estimates from all sub-tasks. The smart value should look like this:
{{issue. subtasks. original estimate. sum}}.
- Save the Rule: Name your rule and click "Turn on" to activate it.
However I see no trigger for "Original Estimate" listed. Any help would be appreciated. I've attached a photo of the automation system I have incase that helps.
