I'm extremely new with html so I'm not sure at all that my code is correct. However, I have been checking it with an html tester and against other work so I'm confused as to why my formatting is completely ignored/different when the emails actually get sent out.
This is what I have:
<head>
<style type="text/css">
p {center: aligned; width: 90%; padding: 5px 15px 5px 15px; font-family: Arial; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}
h1 {center: aligned; width: 90%; padding: 5px 10px 0px 10px; font-family: Arial; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}
h4 {center: aligned; width: 90%; padding: 5px 15px 5px 15px; font-family: Arial; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}
.custom-hr {border: none; border-top: 2px solid #ccc; width: 90%; center: aligned}
</style>
</head>
Initially, I had everything in a table but I was reading around in other forums and it sounded like tables were sot of problematic for Jira. To summarize, the issue is that when i put this code in a tester, all of the text will be aligned and have the right width and be properly colored etc. etc. However, when I put in in my Jira automation with HTML custom emails, the custom width and color of the text is not used. This makes the emails look rather ugly. Has anyone else experienced this issue? or is there something I'm not doing correctly? I would appreciate the help a lot.
Thank you