Hello Community,
I have an automation that creates a var with {{issue.key}} - {{issue.summary}}.
and then i'm editing a custom field Text (read-only) with that var.
how can i make it clickable? meaning, hyperlink?
Thanks,
Ariel
Hi @arielei
The format you are looking for is
[Atlassian|http://atlassian.com]
https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=links
Hey @Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
that doesnt work.
Figured it out, text (read-only) field or Text short sentence does not support rich text, switched it to Text Paragraph and it works.
Thanks for confirming the observed configuration behavior, although I wonder...
Earlier in the year, Atlassian announced the sunset of the default / plain text renderer, and follow-up posts implied this made all short text fields into one-line rich text. Thus, I would expect that link markup to work. Atlassian did not explain if Atlassian Document Format (ADF) would be stored for such fields, although I have not observed that to have happened yet in automation rules, REST API endpoint responses, etc.
As you appear to be on a premium license level, I recommend working with your Jira Product Admin to ask Atlassian Support to confirm the expected behavior:
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
When you hear back from them, please post what you learn to benefit the community. Thanks!
Kind regards,Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.