Hi everyone,
I’m new to Jira and I’m helping my team manage a project with multiple boards. We’re on Jira Cloud.
In our project we have several boards (for example: Management, Operations, Systems, etc.). On most boards I can see the Create button and add new issues as expected.
However, on one specific board (the Kanban board), the Create button is missing on the board view:
The board loads fine (columns like Backlog / Selected / In Progress / On Hold / In Review / Done).
I can see and move existing issues.
On this board I don’t see any Create button, and there’s no “+ add issue” at the bottom of the columns.
On the other boards under the same project, I do see Create and can create issues normally.
Things I have tried:
Checked different browsers / cleared cache.
Resized the window and looked in the top navigation bar and the “…” menus.
Confirmed I can create issues in the same project from other boards, so my project permissions seem okay in general.
Asked Rovo / AI assistant, but the suggestions didn’t solve it.
My questions:
What could cause the Create button to be hidden or missing on just one Kanban board when other boards in the same project work normally?
What should I ask my Jira admin to check? (e.g., board filter permissions, project role, board configuration, or something else?)
Is there any board-level setting that can make a board effectively “read-only” for some users even if they can create issues elsewhere in the project?
Any guidance or troubleshooting steps would be really appreciated. Thank you!