Hi everyone,
I'm working on a setup where users fill out a single Jira Form, but I’d like to automatically split parts of that form into separate tasks assigned to different Jira projects. The idea is to streamline intake: one form, multiple outputs.
I’ve explored Jira Automation, but I’ve run into a few limitations:
- The “Copy Form” action seems to duplicate the entire form, not just selected sections or pages.
- Mapping individual fields to new issues is possible, but it quickly becomes messy and hard to maintain, especially with complex forms.
What I’m looking for is a way to:
- Let the user submit one comprehensive form.
- Use Automation to extract specific sections/pages of that form.
- Create new issues in other projects based on those extracted sections.
Has anyone implemented something similar? Are there workarounds, apps, or scripting options that allow for more granular control over form data in Automation? Prefer of course doing that on Jira Standard free options.
Thanks in advance!