Hey all,
I keep thinking about my experience learning Confluence (which amounted to "there's how to log in") and how I help others avoid that frustration.
So, I've got a plan.
I'll drop weekly posts on Tuesday about how to use Confluence, related topics, etc. Those posts will be in this group, and will be linked below. Think of this post like an index.
I've got some good ideas, but please drop comments with your specific questions/pain points/etc!
Also check out these FREE live "Getting Started with Confluence" sessions I'm hosting!
Articles (in reverse chronological order of posting)
Ideas for Future Articles:
A running list of potential future articles! Please add your ideas on the comments.
Advanced macros that can enhance collaboration
Other resources:
@Rob Hean later in the series of articles don't forget to add some tips on maintaining. A space that is not maintained slowly dies and teams end up back in inefficient silos like word or G docs.
Thanks for sharing @Rob Hean
You're most welcome @Dave Mathijs !
@Stavros_Rougas_EasyApps ohh, I definitely will! This live session I ran is on analyzing and improving an existing space... but more to come!
I've been using Databases more and more (and I had a few struggles with them 😅), but in general, the feature is quite cool and powerful, and even replaces 'checklists' for some of our activities.
So it would be cool to see those as part of "Know Your Content" as I believe many people could benefit from using those 🙂
I'd like to see an up-to-date article on what macros you can nest inside what other macros. I've lost track of what is possible these days.
Databases need more elaboration in terms of how to leverage them optimally. I'd also love to see a comparison about the pros and cons of using confluence for live team collaboration. (For example, you can link the page you're all working on to a jira ticket, but the individual comments are not tagged or coded in a way to identify who added what feedback, so it can be a challenge to determine who is contributing, vs who should be controbuting, etc.
Thanks @Rob Hean for sharing! 🤩
I am learning to use Rovo in my day-to-day use in Confluence recently. So would like to learn about how Rovo can maintain our Confluence 🙂
It would be great to see this topic as part of the series!
I would like to know more about Macros, Confluence Whiteboards, Databases in Confluence, and best practices for maintaining clean and precise Confluence pages.
thanks for setting this up, can't wait to see the information.
Wow @Rob Hean!I knew you virtually in some live sessions. Your work is really good. Keep up your great job!
I really think Confluence is a great tool. But there are some hidden features that are not easily accessible to everyone. I would like to see more articles on best practices in using databases, not just creating and reviewing them. Aplying AI features and stuffs like that ...
Also the best way to link Confluence and Jira. I recently found a way to create Jira tickets based on part of a Confluence text, features like that would be really awesome if they were documented.Thank you very much!Aris
wow - thank you everyone for the ideas! I'll start breaking them down and seeing how I can get more content out there... keep the ideas coming!!
Transferring my comment from the previous article here per Angelie's advice )
I’d love to see more articles focused on practical, real-world Confluence use cases, especially around:
Best practices for page templates and content consistency
Tips for onboarding teams to Confluence and improving adoption
I would like to know how i can use in-built macros and other features for my best experience instead of paying for multiple addons for different uses. I can understand that vendors of addons want to reach as many customers as possible, but each company has dedicated budget for these tools and sometimes amount of addons and their cumulated price late leads to switch to less expensive tool and then Atlassian is loosing customer.
Maybe a high-level overview of what Rovo can do in Confluence? I imagine it's more important to learn about Rovo within the context of things like pages, whiteboards, etc. but maybe something to just get the creativity flowing around how Rovo could be used.
Any tips on how to move from the old space permission model to the new space role model would be nice
Maybe too soon?
@Michiel SCHUIJER - I definitely think RBAC (Role based access control) is a good topic (will add to the list)... that said I do think it's a bit early since last I heard it's still in beta. I do have a youtube video here that runs down the feature.
So many great articles (& ideas for future articles)! Shared with the team 💚
Would love to see a series of Automation articles going over advanced topics!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.