Problem Description:
I have a custom field called "Client name" (field ID: cf[10124]) in my Jira Cloud team-managed projects. The field is of type "Short text" and is configured in multiple spaces/projects.
Issue:
When I attempt to sort the "Client Name" column from A to Z in the List view, the sorting does not work correctly. The column shows the sort indicator (arrow), and the URL parameter shows "ORDER BY cf[10124] ASC", but the data remains unsorted.
Affected Projects:
- Banks & Others (BAN)
- Accounts & Office Management
Working Project (for comparison):
- Residential & Commercial Works (RS) - Sorting works correctly here
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate to Banks & Others project → List view
2. Locate the "Client Name" column
3. Click the three dots menu next to the column header
4. Select "Sort A to Z"
5. Observe that data does not sort alphabetically
Expected Behavior:
Items should be sorted alphabetically by Client name (A to Z):
B, C, I, M, P, S, S, S, S, S, U, U
Actual Behavior:
Items remain in their original order:
P, S, U, S, C, I, S, U, B, S, M, S
Troubleshooting Attempted:
- Updated field description to try triggering re-indexing
- Verified field configuration in Space settings → Fields
- Confirmed URL parameter shows correct ORDER BY clause
- Compared with working project (Residential & Commercial Works) - field configuration appears identical
Environment:
- Jira Cloud (https://designhome.atlassian.net)
- Team-managed projects
- Free plan
Question:
How can I fix the sorting for this custom field? Is there a way to force re-indexing of the field data, or could there be a configuration issue specific to these projects?