I have automation working that clones a ticket from our service desk portal to a Jira project and closes the original ticket (work item). I need to be able to put a note in one or both of the tickets with the Key for the other ticket. Is there a way to do this? I'll need to add it as steps in our automation.
Hello @Mike Nelson
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Yes, it is possible to make note of the other ticket in a clone pair created through Automation.
You can add Linked Issues as a field to set within the Clone action, and specify the source issue as the issue to which the new issue is linked.
You could also add a comment to source issue and a add a comment to the new issue with the related issue keys.
If you show us screen images of the entire rule you have so far we can offer you more specific guidance about what to change to accomplish that.
Hi @Mike Nelson
When you clone an issue the new issue is linked to the original one. You can create an automation on Issue linked created, limit the type of link to Cloners then Edit the issue to set
{{destinationIssue.key}}
I do not recall whicj one is considered as source and destination, so you may need to also add a Branch for Destination issue.
Regards
@Florian Bonniec
Note the user said they are using Automation to clone the issue. In that case, the link is not created by default and must be explicitly added to the Clone action.
I'm cloning from the Dev Ops project\Bug report item to the Network Automation project\Bug work item. So would I need to add the Linked Issues field to those Work Items? Then I can add a step to fill populate them in the automation?Thanks!
I did just find this. Is this all I would need to do or will there be a little more to it?
In the Clone action you can add the Linked Issues field.
And create the link as part of the Clone action rather than a separate action.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.