I created a rule to bulk archive "done" items using Jira automation. I turned on the rule but how do you implement it to actually archive done items?
Hi @Joel Fraser
Could you share your automation rule's screenshot? You might have set a trigger, and it gets activated if it matches the trigger condition.
Hi @Varsha Joshi thanks for your reply. My automation rule is attached below:
The endpoint you are using is experimental. Did you include the extra header:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-archive-post
Kind regards,Bill
Since you set it up as manual trigger. For your testing purposes select a test work item - open it up in your browser and find the lightning bolt icon that is #1 in the picture below and #2 is where you will find your automation, click that it should trigger your automation.
Also please be extra cautious that you have test data to play with.
Hope I was able to help with what you were looking for.
@Varsha Joshi thanks for your reply. This is applicable for one item at a time. I want to archive multiple items at a time. How would I test the automation say to archive 5 items at once?
@Bill Sheboy thanks for your reply. Yes I did include the extra header as shown below:
@Joel Fraser -- I do not see the experimental header in the image you show.
For example:
@Bill Sheboy thanks. I see what you mean. I thought what I used was the correct header based on the instructions from an article but based on what you are saying I don't have the correct header included. The one you provided in the last screen shot, is this the correct header to use?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.