Hi Community,
I'm working on a more advanced Jira Automation rule and have hit a roadblock that I eventually solved. I'm sharing the journey here to help others.
My Goal:
I want to create a single rule that, when manually triggered, performs a bulk operation:
Finds a set of issues using a specific JQL query.
For each issue found, it searches the history to find the first time a custom group picker field (e.g., "Escalation Group") was set to a specific group (e.g., "Support Coordinators").
If a match is found for an issue, it logs the date of that change.
4. If no match is found for an issue, it should do nothing and silently move to the next one.
I already tried to make a couple of tries, but I can't manage to make the branch detect the changelogs. At least when I try to make a branch using {{issue.changelog}} it goes in without problems, but after that, i can't recover any loggable data.


I hope I made myself clear.
Thank you in advance for your help! 