@Trudy P Claspill I read this dialog Solved: Jira automation to set Target End using smart valu... and tried to apply the same logic to mine automation but it isn't working.
Any ideas why this isn't working?? I'm about to pull my hair out as I've tried soooo many variations trying to get this to work.
Hi @Adrianna Bell
I checked the implementation you suggested and hit the same problem but after testing several times, I saw that the problem was the shortDate format you are requesting to function, if you eliminate that part, the function would return a date which is field type used for the Date operation.
So, to summaryze, use:
NewDate: {{now.endOfMonth}} instead of NewDate: {{now.endOfMonth.shortDate}}
The function you are using worked correctly for me.
Kindly give it a try and let me know if you need further help.
Also, if you consider my comment help you solve the issue, please mind to mark it as the Answer.
Kind regards,David
I was able to get it to work with: {{now.endOfMonth.plusBusinessDays(customfield_15700).shortDate}}. THANK YOU!
@David Freitez I was mistaken, my formula did not work. I removed the shortdate and did this {{now.endOfMonth.plusBusinessDays(customfield_15700)}} but it still produced nothing. I have confirmed that customfield_15700 is a number field. Any ideas?
Without seeing your entire current rule and audit log details for context...
Have you confirmed customfield_15700 contains a number, and the number is an integer? I recommend writing the field value to the audit log to confirm it contains what you expected.
Kind regards,Bill
@David Freitez I am using Jira Data Center if that makes a difference.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.