I need to update my browser to call the new API's for issue searching in Jira.There are many articles that give "https://<your-Jira-site>/secure/QuickSearch.jspa?searchString=%s" for the browser search shortcut to alias to "jira" or in my case "j".I also have a JQL shortcut aliased in my browser search bars to "jql"https://virtekvision.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=%sNow, I am getting notice of a deprecation, and want to change to the new API.The Jira Cloud platform REST APIWhat would the new https: calls be for the new API?
Hello @Peter Saulesleja
The API endpoints are shown directly in the REST API link you included in your post.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-search/#api-rest-api-3-search-jql-get
The difference is subtle
old: /rest/api/3/search?jql
new: /rest/api/3/search/jql?jql
In the old API endpoint "jql" was itself a parameter of /search. The new endpoint has added /jql as part of the endpoint after which the ?jql parameter is added.
I'm not sure if I've answered your question. If not, please don't hesitate to provide more information about your scenario and maybe I can try again.
Thank you, that is very helpful, and probably very obvious to a SW developer.
You're welcome! Glad I could help.
For Browser Address Bar direct search purposes, the new API is:https://[yourcompanyinstance].atlassian.net/issues/jql?jql=%s
The Deprecated API was:
https://[yourcompanyinstance].atlassian.net/issues/?jql=%s
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.