I am trying to add URLs to various Calendar Events, but I want to mask them to make it more readable
Hi @Chuck May
Welcome to the community!
Just so that I understand, you want add the URLs of the confluence pages to your calendar events?
And make that more readable?
@Chuck May Are you wanting to put a URL in the What field when adding an event to a calendar?
As this page (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/add-events/) doesn't give any information about what you can put in this field, are you simply typing in the URL? I'm on Standard, so I don't have Calendars to try this out to see if typing a URL turns it into a clickable link in the event.
Yes, so when you click on an event, you would see the 'mask' and not the entire URL. I have tried the syntax a few ways but nothing is working
I have been told the What field will not work so I am looking at either the 'Related Page' field or possibly the 'Description' field. That way the 'masked URL' shows on the event when you Click it.
@Chuck May Have you tried creating the link somewhere else (perhaps a Confluence page) and then pasting that into the field?
I just found this post from a couple years ago that might help: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Confluence-questions/How-do-I-add-URL-to-Confluence-Calendar-event/qaq-p/2299157
@Barbara Szczesniak Thanks for the help. I can type the URL into the 'Related Page' field on the Calendar Event. When one clicks on the event they can then click on the URL and it navigates to the correct page. But, the URL is really long and obviously not informative. So, I would like to mask the URL with a short title so users know what they are clicking on. Thanks Again
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.