Hello Atlassian support.
I was trying to update a client's email address in Jira Service Management following a name change due to marriage. The client's email was updated on their company's end from FirstName.LastName1 anywhere.com to FirstName.LastName2 anywhere.com.
I searched for the user's profile in Jira, clicked the three-dot menu, and selected "Edit full name", but found no option to update the email address. From what I can tell, Jira does not allow direct editing of a user’s email once the account is created.
To work around this, I had to manually create a new user account with the updated email address. I then asked the user to complete registration with the new email. Afterward, I reviewed how many tickets were associated with the old email. Fortunately, there were only 5: 1 open ticket and 4 closed.
I manually updated each ticket by opening it and changing the Reporter field to the new email (FirstName.LastName2 anywhere.com).
If there’s a better method to handle this type of email transition, ideally something smoother or automated, could you please provide documentation or guidance on the recommended process
This should be a standard option.