I'm a Delivery Product Manager and work with several application teams who I create Features for work requests using Jira Align. My POs then create/assign their User Stories to these Features (Jira Epics) using JIRA.We now have an organizational change where Prod Mngrs/myself are required to use JIRA and not Jira Align to create Features (Jira Epics).There is option in Jira Align to split a Feature and we Product Mngrs use this often. Is the 'splitting a Feature' functionality also available in JIRA? Please Advise
Hi Suzanne,Welcome to the community! I hope you're doing well.In Jira, you can split standard work items. However, for Epics this option does not exists.
To split your Epics, you'll need to do that manually:
For standard work items, the native option that Jira has is the following:Go to your board, select the work item, and right-click on it to display the options.At the bottom, you'll find "Split work item"
Then, you can select how many work items you want to split them into
I hope it helps.Thank you.
Regards,Hector
Thanks Hector, yes this is helpful -- thank you for clarifying and confirming!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.