Hi,
I'm trying to make an automation, that when a Epic is created it will make some tasks for it.
These are made from various custom fields in the epic.
Some of the tasks are not needed in all scenarios, this is determined by a custom field.
E.g. if custom field is X, then set status to Done otherwise leave it.
I have tried making an IF/Then statement in the JSON of these tasks.
But I can't for the life of me get it to work.
The custom field is a drop-down menu, where the user can select a single value - these are strings.
I have tried using quotation marks around the value, I have also tried to remove them - and I end up with the same result.
Here is an example, where I just make an audit log to verify the value.
{{if(equals(issue.custom field.value, "X"), "41", "21") }}If I have quotation marks around X, I always get 21 - if not always 41. And it doesn't matter if the value of the custom field is X or not.
I have even tried using the default fields, e.g. summary - similar experience.
What am I doing wrong?
Or is there a better method?