Hi everyone! 👋
I just wanted to share some Python scripts I wrote to automate Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud backups using AWS.
🔗 https://github.com/agile-innovations-tech/atlassian-cloud-backups
There are four scripts:
-
Jira Backup Trigger: Initiates the creation of a new Jira Cloud backup file using Jira's API.
- Jira Backup Download: Downloads the latest backup file from Jira Cloud and stores it in AWS S3.
-
Confluence Backup Trigger: Initiates the creation of a new Confluence Cloud backup file using Confluence's API.
- Confluence Backup Download: Downloads the latest backup file from Confluence and stores it in AWS S3.
The scripts are designed for AWS Lambda, but you could adapt the scripts to run on other platforms.
These scripts are designed using the APIs described here:
By using AWS, you can use:
- Lambda to execute the scripts
- EventBridge to schedule the scripts
- S3 to store the backups
- and CloudWatch to monitor for backup failures.
The README in the repository contains some YouTube links for a full tutorial.
👉 If you try it out, I’d love to hear how it works for you!
💬 Feedback, ideas, or even code contributions are very welcome.
Thanks for checking it out!