Hello all,
For starters, I'm very new to Jira, trying to help out the admins with automation and I've hit my first major roadblock.
The short version is.. we have a field that is supposed to house a URL (manually entered), and then the automation is supposed to call on that field and put its data into an email that is sent when the ticket is moved between statuses. We are using a custom field (customfield_11524) which I've confirmed is correct via the XML for the page. In my automation, it's being called by the following:
<a class="link" href="{{issue.customfield_11524}}">Peer Review Document Link</a>
The URL in the field is https://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_color_text (we just used that to test). When I open the link on my computer, it opens just fine. However when we move the issue between statuses, the email generates and the URL appears as a single period (.). Interestingly, if I put a different URL in there (https://www.google.com) and move to a different status, the email generates and the link works.
What I'm wondering is.. why does the first link not work, but a different link does? I'm assuming it has to do with the ? or the = in the link but I'm not sure. If someone could provide some insight, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!