I added a new user as a User Agent for Jira Service Management and a User for Jira but he was able to create is own project. How can I prevent this?
Hello @Sherry Admin
What type of project did the user create? Get that information from the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.
Check the Global Permissions for Jira and see if the permission to create Team Managed projects has been granted to a group to which that user belongs.
It's a Team-managed service management project.
The user belongs to the default jira-servicemanagement-users and jira-users groups that auto populate when I add a new user. I'm new to this so I'm not sure how to check what permissions those groups have.
It's a Team-managed service management project. The user belongs to the default jira-servicemanagement-users and jira-users groups that auto populate when I add a new user. I'm new to this so I'm not sure how to check what permissions those groups have.
Click on the gear icon near your avatar in the upper right corner of Jira.
Select System
In the panel on the left select Global Permissions.
Look for the item I showed in my previous reply. on the right side are the groups to whom the specified permission has been granted.
For more information on each of the permissions and managing Global Permissions, refer to
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-global-permissions/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.