I am looking for app suggestions for Jira/JSM Cloud for moving an issue from one project to another.
I know that it is not supported by Automation actions yet.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-549
I'm aware of the "clone & delete" method. It seems like that takes extra work to clone comments and attachments, and I haven't looked at the ability to clone worklogs. Issue history is also lost unless somebody knows of a solution for cloning that too.
I'm looking for a replacement for the Move Issue post function available in Jira Workflow Toolbox (for Data Center) as part of a migration of Jira/JSM to Cloud.
EDIT: Here is the use case -
In workflows a Transition is added specifically to enable moving an issue from one project to another while also changing the issue type. This is being applied to issues moving from JSM projects to other JSM projects, at least. This Post Function is made available by JWT.
https://apps.decadis.net/display/JWTSDC/Move+issue
- The solution needs to provide a similar level of automation; i.e. avoid adding more steps that have to be executed by the end user.
- Minimizing user retraining is desirable; i.e. if it can be triggered by a workflow transition that would be ideal.
- It is preferred that there is no additional loss of data during the move; i.e. the JWT function does move issue history, comments, and attachments.