Though it seems to have happened and been fixed many times before, it seems the creation of site once again fails.I have tried several times in the past hour and only get an error message:`Something went wrong on our end. Please try again. If this keeps happening, contact support. (Issue ID for Atlassian use: ce80b9d523224f9eb89a13e6b0f4de0f)`
More details:
It took more than 24h but finally worked.I am positive I was not doing anything different than all my previous failed tries though, so for the next person who encounters the problem, I suppose you must stay patient for a while.
Sounds like a really bad problem. I would suggest trying to check for VPN and if it is enabled then disable it.
Also, if possible try changing the network and/or account you are trying to do this with.
HI @fxavierdavid
Welcome to the community.
What if you try an incognito window, or contact support as mentioned in the message.
On the community we can help you with this, as instances are spun at the Atlassian side and the community is an open forum where product users help other users. We can't help out on functionality managed only by Atlassian.
Same error in incognito mode.As to contacting support, I cannot do it without first creating a site, can I? At least, the form asks me to specify which site I am having a problem with.
That is not the issue, I am having this issue even when not going through VPN.
Hi @fxavierdavid
Use the billing option in support, this is an option to raise an issue without an instance.
Mmm I do not know what you are talking about.AFAICT, the only page I see to raise a ticket is designed in such a way I am always redirected to community forums.Basically same 2 issues as this other user <1 month ago: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Can-t-Contact-Jira-Support/qaq-p/3034662
I understand that you cannot complete the sign-up for a new site. Most commonly this happens because of network restrictions preventing a captcha from appearing on the page. It appears as though your request might be originating from either Hong Kong or mainland China. This has been a known problem for several other users as the great firewall of China has been known to be a factor in preventing these captchas from appearing on the page.
I would suggest to try to temporarily change networks, perhaps a vpn to connect to a different country just long enough to complete the sign-up process. Once that is complete I believe you can then access the site without that vpn.
Try that, I hope this helps.
Andy
Hi @Andy HeinzerYes, I thought reCaptcha could be a factor but that is why I mentioned I could see the badge successfully in my question. I believe it was implied but just in case, the fact I reach the error message means that the button does not get disabled from failing to check I'm human.And in 10+ years I spent in Hong Kong, I have actually never encountered a captcha issue (though I do not doubt people in Mainland could, indeed).
Anyway, that still does not work.
Can you check error id d4909b582c0041178b1e62a9d956f7e? It is supposed to be through a VPN server in the US (whatismyip.com confirms it locates the IP to LA, so little to no chance I misconfigured my browser).
Hey @Andy Heinzer
I was just wondering if you have got more information from the later error id I posted or if you are doubling down on an issue caused by my IP address?
Hi @Andy Heinzer
FYI, I did nothing different than what I was trying but it finally worked.If you allow me and since it seems I was not doing anything wrong, I would suggest someone in Atlassian has a closer look.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.