So I think I have done this 1 million times in the past successfully and yet here I am again trying to figure out what is wrong with my JSON. I have to be doing something stupid and I'm just too close to the trees to see it so looking for some fresh eyes.
note: I have spent a lot of time researching existing Community posts and docs but still stuck.
Use case - I am setting up an automation to update the Category field in the children of an epic when that same field is updated in the epic.
Below is a screenshot of the important bit of my rule but below are the variations of the JSON I have attempted.
{
"fields": {
"customfield_43602”: "{{issue.parent.customfield_43602.value}}”
}
}
{
"fields": {
"customfield_43602”: {"{{issue.parent.customfield_43602.value}}” }
}
}
{
"fields": {
"customfield_43602”: {"value": "{{issue.parent.customfield_43602}}” }
}
}
I have verified via log action that {{issue.parent.customfield_43602.value}} yields the desired value.
Update: One thing I noted is that given that this is an Atlassian locked field I checked on the type and it is shown as "Unknown". While it certainly has the behavior of a Single select it may require a different JSON syntax? Will explore...
