I've deleted a group of stories in error and cannot find them in trash, How can I restore them? How can I avoid this in future?
Hi Janine. Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I'm afraid once an issue is deleted, there's no way to retrieve it.
Here are some forum reponses to help:
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-Service-Management/How-to-find-deleted-issues-and-restore-all-issues/qaq-p/2549420
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Hi-how-can-i-restore-deleted-issue-in-JIRA/qaq-p/2491665
Hi, @Janine Campling
Unfortunately, it's not possible to restore deleted issues — the delete operation is permanent.
To prevent this from happening again, you can update the permission schemes by removing the "Delete Issue" permission for all groups, roles, or users. Alternatively, you can restrict this permission to only certain people, such as Jira administrators — that way, regular users won't be able to delete tasks in the future.
An hour of my life never to be retrieved. Thank you
Thanks so much for this solution. I'll try to find that option.
Hello @Janine Campling
It's only possible to track deleted stories with the Jira audit log, not restore them.
For recovering work items in the future, you can back up your projects or get an app that allows recovery (installed before deleting).
You can read more here: Jira Cloud: How to restore deleted issue?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.