I'm in Jira Cloud trying to have a custom rank for my issues that the user enters, like 1, 2, 3,...N. But when the user wants to have an issue between 1 and 2, they can enter a rank of 1.5, which is fine.
What I want to do is be able to periodically reset the rank with Automation so that they maintain the same order, but are re-ranked with whole numbers 1, 2, 3, ...N
In automation, there are different ways that I can query with my JQL:
Project = MyProc order by MyRank asc
I can use a branch on lookedup issues or branch on JQL so I can update each issue. But I can't figure out how to have a counter in automation that doesn't get reset with every loop as it processes each issue. If I could do that, I could just increment the counter by 1 with each loop and each successive each would get a new MyRank whole number.
How can I do this?