I have a problem with work item searches.
I am looking for any issue that has a particular string in the summary field. The string is contained in the summary field of another issue, but they are not identical so a new JSM ticket has been raised. Example: Ticket 1 has the following summary "ABC12345 - Customer has problem with Hard Drive". Ticket 2 has the following summary "Please advise what is happening to ref ABC12345". I want to be able to cross reference Tickets 1 and 2.
If I type ABC12345 in the search field, both issues come up.
If I type summary ~ "ABC12345", neither comes up. So the syntax generated for an automation by AI "summary ~ "{{issue.summary}}" produces no results.
It appears that none of the JQL syntax listed in the online manual produces any search result.
Can anybody see what the problem is here please?